Big Brothers Big Sisters of Miami believes there are many ways you can contribute to making Miami a more incredible city for incredible kids – including through your dedicated resources. To that end, we’ve devised a number of programs that allow our donors to contribute at any monetary level – be it one time or recurring – and that afford transparency in knowing exactly what impact your funds make.
While we’re continually evolving our programs, we invite you to contribute to our mission in Miami through your choice of the following programs. Just click on the program that matches your passion and current ability most, and you’ll be connected to an online donation page.
- Sponsor-A-Match: $1,500 covers the cost of screening, making and supporting a Big/Little match in its first year. While our volunteer Bigs provide their perspective and time at no cost, BBBS Miami employs social workers to ensure that each volunteer is screened through background checks, finger-printing and interviews to ensure both safety and an optimal match. $1,500 covers the cost of those resources, as well as the administrative expenses of maintaining a match during its first year with education. This is our core donation program, concentrating financial resources to empower an individual Big/Little match.
- Miracle Society: The Miracle Society is a group of donors who give $5,000 or more over five years. These philanthropists helps create the Miracle of Mentoring, and each Miracle Society member is directly connected to one “Big” and “Little”, receiving updates on the progress of the match throughout the year.
- Dreamakers: Dreamakers are our most elite and generous donors, empowering the foundation for BBBS Miami to serve Miami’s children. Dreamakers pledge $50,000 or more to the organization. Their philanthropy sustains our new building, our three main mentoring programs, and scholarships for our graduate “Littles”, among other critical areas.
- Lori Brener Scholarship Fund: The Women’s Committee for Big Brothers Big Sisters Miami established this scholarship fund in loving memory of Women’s Committee member Miriam Salazar’s daughter. The fund’s vision is to ignite and expand each recipients’ hunger for a lifetime of learning by supporting Littles that have graduated high school in their pursuit of higher education. This scholarship offers a vital bridge in the lives of the children we serve.
- Five Millers Continuing Education Program: In 2008, BBBS Miami, together with The Five Millers Foundation, established the Continuing Education & Scholarship Program to provide Littles actively enrolled in the BBBS Miami program with academic financial assistance through scholarships, trainings, workshops, test prep classes and coaching sessions. These services help prepare Littles for life after high school.
- Scholarship Circle: The BBBS mentoring program and its resources traditionally conclude when Littles reach the age of eighteen years. BBBS established this scholarship fund to raise funds to be awarded to high achieving “Littles” to continue their education. You can contribute to the Scholarship Circle at a variety of levels.
- One-Time Gift: This option allows you to contribute to BBBS Miami’s efforts at any level, through a single gift. Your generosity is always appreciated, and used to directly empower each Big/Little match.