- High School and College Mentoring Programs: Students earn community service hours and gain valuable life skills serving as mentors to nearby elementary school children.
- Couple Match: This community-based opportunity is for the married couple that would like to mentor a child together. As a Couple Match through Big Brothers Big Sisters, you and your spouse can both become Bigs to a Little Brother in our program. It’s a great way to spend time together while also inspiring the true potential of a child.
- Hispanic Mentoring: This program is committed to serving the needs of Hispanic children and their families in our community. Hispanic Mentoring continues the Big Brothers Big Sisters mission of empowering and enriching children through safe, positive role models by partnering with our Hispanic community to raise awareness of our need to recruit much needed Hispanic and bilingual volunteers to serve as mentors. In partnership with the Hispanic community, we can help Hispanic children navigate the world around them and prepare them for adulthood. Big Brothers Big Sisters has a special online resource in Spanish for Hispanic volunteers. Check it out.
- Big Fitness Program: In this program, Bigs (mentors), Littles (children) and families accept the challenge of leading a healthier lifestyle. Big Fitness provides a minimum of two activities per month. Activities involve physical fitness events, sports tournaments, nutrition workshops, and cooking classes.
- Bigs in Blue: Miami-Dade County Public Schools’ School Resource Officers and police officers from departments throughout the county are paired with youth facing adversity in our community.
- Sport Buddies: Matches with a shared passion for sports. Participants in the program will have access to tickets to sporting events on the professional, semi-professional and collegiate levels (as available).
- Tripod – It’s All About Science!: Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Miami and the Miami Science Museum have collaborated to create an exciting program called Tripod. Bigs, littles and families experience science together like never before! The partnership provides activities once a month for matches to come to the Science Museum to explore science through fun, hands on activities. The matches who attend enjoy lunch and complimentary entrance to the museum for the day!
- Community Compact: The Community Compact is funded through 2014 by the Florida Department of Education Race to the Top to serve families with children enrolled in the Booker T. Washington Senior High School feeder pattern. Although Big Brother Big Sisters of Greater Miami is the lead agency, Miami Dade County Public Schools (Office of Community Engagement, Education Transformation Office and The Parent Academy) and Catalyst Miami collaborate with us to increase school attendance; expand parent academies; enhance parent literacy and increase business and community involvement in order to create more internship and volunteer opportunities for youth in the targeted schools. Click Here For Community Compact Fact Sheet
- Mentoring Resource Center: Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Miami’s Mentoring Resource Center serves as a capacity-building initiative that supports and enhances the mentoring and youth development community in Miami-Dade County. Our vision is a mentor for every child who needs one. MRC recruits volunteers, provides training and consultation services and provides shared resources and networking opportunities.
- Southeast Florida Mentoring Enhancement Demonstration Program: The Southeast Florida Mentoring Enhancement Demonstration Program (MEDP) is a single-program design that supports enhancements to community-based one-on-one mentoring in Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach and Martin Counties. It is funded by the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention with a goal to improve the effectiveness of mentoring through systematic implementation of advocacy or teaching functions into mentors’ roles.
- Mentoring Brothers: Big Brothers Big Sisters has a special online resource for Black male volunteers called Mentoring Brothers. Click here to check it out.
© 2017 Big Brothers Big Sisters of Miami. All rights reserved
Managed by Fort Lauderdale Web Design